Mt. Helix Academy received the highest accreditation awarded by The Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Reviewers were very impressed by Mt. Helix Academy’s facility, staff, parents, and students, and called Mt. Helix Academy “the most positive environment we’ve ever seen.” Other selected comments on Mt. Helix Academy’s areas of strength from the committee members’ final accreditation report include:
- Use of scientifically proven, research-validated curriculum and instructional methodology and an exceptionally small student-to-staff ratio, combined with a well-trained effective faculty provide maximum opportunities for academic and personal growth;
- Both students and staff enjoy a safe, orderly, and highly positive environment;
- The Director’s knowledge, experience, training, positive problem-solving skills, and ability, combined with extensive and on-going high quality staff development, training, and resources continually improve programs and student achievement. As a result, students are highly successful, motivated, and enthusiastic learners with a high level of satisfaction;
- The flexible skills grouping in basic skills areas coupled with continuous assessment ensures student success and allows instruction to be individualized to meet student needs;
- Students are directly taught organizational skills, study skills and social skills; and the rich co-curricular and extra-curricular programs provide many opportunities for student success; and the high level of frequent, positive and open communication between parents, the staff and school leadership include student progress frequently and objectively reported to parents in a variety of ways.
In addition to its WASC accreditation, Mt. Helix Academy’s Aim High program is a California State certified non-public, non-sectarian school, permitting the school to educate students with special needs on contract with area school districts.